Refreshing, light, zingy and crisp, this slaw is so simple yet so delicious.
We serve this slaw at the cookery school when we have classes. It’s a great accompaniment to meat dishest where the acid melts through the fattiness of the meat. It’s super healthy too.
- 1/3 red cabbage, sliced finely
- 2 carrots,peeled and grated
- 1 red or yellow pepper, sliced finely
- 1 jalapenio chilli, deseeded and sliced finely
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil (I use light olive oil)
- Juice of a lemon
- A handfull of fresh corriander, chopped coursley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix, yes it’s that simple.