Buying a Big Green Egg
Why buy from Meat Smoke Fire?
We pride ourselves in offering you the best advice possible when you’re thinking of buying a Big Green Egg. We believe we stand apart from the other resellers and here’s why:
- We’ve got more cooking experience – we were the first UK cookery school based solely on Big Green Eggs.
- Nic has worked for Big Green Egg and understands the product and accessories better than most. He also recruited and trained the majority of Big Green Egg’s resellers in the UK.
- We have the UK’s largest library of recipes designed for the Big Green Egg. We also offer cooking advice you just can’t get from other resellers.
- We provide free of charge live cooks most weeks. Have a look at the archive and join in with the live cooks.
- We don’t want to sell you stuff you don’t need or want. Having run private classes for years, I have met people who have bought accessories they really didn’t need (or ever use). We’d rather you came back to us when you’re ready, than sell you something you don’t need.
- You’ll be supporting a small, family run, independent business.
- Just ask on the UK Big Green Egg forum who people recommend you buy your Egg from.
Get Extra Value when you buy your Big Green Egg
We’ll add some extra value to your Big Green Egg order.
- For MiniMax Big Green Egg orders*, we’ll throw in a Thermapen One.
- For Large Big Green Egg orders*, we’ll throw in a Meater+ wireless thermometer.
- For Extra Large Big Green Egg orders*, we’ll throw in a LetzQ Spit rotisserie.
Your Egg and accessories will still ship from Big Green Egg and be covered by their warranty.
* full RRP must be paid to qualify for these gifts.
We are one of the top resellers in the UK
There is a good reason we sell so many Big Green Eggs and supporting products, we offer great service and great prices. We sell several hundred Big Green Eggs a year and our customers will always refer their friends to us.
Buying A Big Green Egg
We can give you the advice you need to buy the right Egg for you. There is no one with more cooking, and technical experience of the Egg, in the UK.
Don’t buy until you’ve talked to me. Call me on 07446 960303.
Which Sized Egg?
I’d love you to contact me and discuss, which sized Egg is best.
Be wary of going on the American Big Green Egg forums as they more often than not tell you that the XL is the right size for you. Things are different in the US though, they tend to have a very limited repertoire of cooks and charcoal and meat is a lot cheaper. The Americans cook lots of pork shoulders (pork butts in their language), ribs and briskets. All of those cuts are significantly cheaper than we buy them for and brisket is completely different, it’s much fattier as their stock is corn fed. They load up their grills and that’s about all the majority will ever cook.
In the UK the Large size Egg is by far the most popular and has the most accessories available for it. It’s also the most forgiving Egg to cook on in my opinion. Just look at the recipes on this site to see what I use my Egg for, very rarely is it a pork shoulder, a brisket or a rack of ribs, there is so much more your Egg is brilliant at cooking.
The MiniMax is also fabulous, I own three of these as well. I wouldn’t be without it as it can be moved and taken on the road. One of mine lives inside my camper van.
Where should I buy it and how much should I pay?
Give me, Nic, a call on 07446 960303 and I will be more than happy to quote you.
My Big Green Egg cookery school is now setup as a reseller and I can get an Egg delivered to you (free delivery), just as any of the other resellers can, direct from Big Green Egg themselves.
I can also offer you a try before you buy if you want to come and visit me (please arrange an appointment). I’d be more than happy for you to call me or email me and ask my advice on which Egg would be best for you and also more than happy to quote you.
Give me a video call
We’re setup here at the Meat Smoke Fire cooking school with most sized Eggs and most key accessories.
If you would like to give me a call or a video call, I would be more than happy to talk you through your choice.
Personally I believe in starting small and adding further accessories when you have got to grips with what you have.
We’re set up as a Big Green Egg reseller and can sort you a great deal.
Call me on 07446 960303 and we can arrange the best way to have a video call.
Our range of outdoor kitchens
As well as the lovely range of bases from Big Green Egg, we are also able to supply both VLAZA and KamadoSpace Island units for your Big Green Egg and offer an installation service for these and your Egg. With stainless steel construction, they’ll last as long as your Egg.