Big Green Egg Group Cooking Classes
Big Green Egg Group Cooking Classes
Following on from the success of our 2019 classes we now offer two different classes. We continue to offer the very popular class we developed for 2019 and have also launched a follow-on class for those that want to come back and learn more.
Both classes are hands-on, not demonstrations, with an Egg shared between 2 people. The course content has been tried and tested over several years of private class delivery.
Classes start at 10 am with tea, coffee and breakfast, cooked on the Egg or the OFYR. Lunch is included, you’ll be cooking it! We offer complimentary drinks throughout the day. We’ll aim to finish up around 5:30 pm but may sometimes go beyond this with the last cook.
Class notes, questions and recipes will be published online for you to refer to following the class.
Helena and I would love to welcome you
Big Green Egg Techniques – Class 1
Our original class launched in 2019. It is designed to take you through several different cooking techniques while keeping the recipes simple so you can repeat them at home.
- Searing – using the cast iron grid and another technique to cook various steaks
- Roasting – using an indirect setup to roast a chicken.
- Plancha cooking – cooking directly on a ceramic plancha
- Plank cooking – hot smoking either salmon or sea bass
- Baking – making and baking a focaccia
- Pan cooking – Apple/Peach/Pear tarte tatin or a smoked chocolate brownie
While we won’t have time to do a low and slow cook, we’ll discuss the technique thoroughly and advice will be given on rubs, brining, cooking time, resting and thermometers to use to monitor these much longer cooks.
We’ll cover loading, lighting and cleaning your Egg as well as temperature control that will allow you to confidently cook on your Egg.
Follow on Techniques – Class 2
We’re now offering a follow-on class for those of you who requested to come back, we’re really excited to host you again.
We’ll assume you remember all the details about loading, lighting and temperature control. We’ll also not crowd around the TV for the low and slow theory piece.
What we will do, is cover a few more different techniques and cook some other dishes that you can add to your repertoire. We’ll cover:
- Baking – bacon, cheese and tomato puffs – you’re going to cook your own breakfast.
- Paella – nothing beats a little competition, select your ingredients and see who can produce the best paella.
- Baking – we’ll cook two different cakes ready for afternoon tea.
- Low and Slow – slow roasted belly pork – this may be cooking when you arrive.
- Roasting – perfect jackets, we’ll use them to make mash.
- Cast iron pans – cook a seared sea bass fillet.
- Wok cooking – let’s make a sauce to go with our pork belly and our fish.
We may modify this menu slightly after we’ve run through it all with a test group.
Please note you should only book this class if you have already completed the first class or have it scheduled before this class.
The class will be run using three Large Big Green Eggs for course attendees. There are also several other Eggs including a MiniMax, Extra Large and a Mini that can be used if needed.
A large Big Green Egg will be shared between two attendees.
Each Egg is equipped with:
- ConvEGGtor (Plate Setter), cast iron griddle and grid lifter and a baking stone
- EGGspander system with half moon ceramic plates, half moon cast iron griddles
- Daisy wheel and rEGGulator temperature controllers
- Pans including cast iron skillets
- Big Green Egg wok
- Thermapen Professional to ensure each cook is perfect
- Meater+ Bluetooth thermometer
- Knives and chopping boards
We’ll be cooking over Big Green Egg lump wood charcoal and using Grilling Wood chunks if needed.
Other equipment you may like to look at and perhaps use:
- Meater bluetooth cooking thermometer
- Thermoworks Smoke wireless thermometer
- Flameboss 300 forced air controller
Classes cost £225 per person and include a full day of cooking. The course fee includes a full lunch with drinks throughout the day.
Meat Smoke Fire
26 Water Lane
Tel: 07446 960303
Terms and Conditions
- We reserve the right to cancel a class where there are 2 or less people booked. In this instance, participants will be given at least a week’s notice. They will be offered the chance to swap to another class, if available, or take a full refund.
- Customers may swap to another class up to 3 weeks before the class is due to take place, subject to availability.
- Classes cancelled by the customer are subject to a £50 cancellation fee up to 3 weeks before the class is due to take place, after this time, full payment is non-refundable. Participants may send a substitute in their place to attend the course.
- In the event that Meat Smoke Fire Ltd. has to cancel a course, we will endeavour to notify you as soon as possible and a future date will be offered. Alternatively you will be entitled to a full refund with no admin fee. Meat Smoke Fire Ltd will not be responsible for any additional costs incurred by you as a result.
- Classes are only for participants aged 16 or older. Participants aged 16 or 17 must be accompanied by an adult participant for the duration of the class.
- We are unable to tailor courses to special dietary requirements. If you have food allergies it is your responsibility to make us aware.
- Participants are required to wear flat, closed sole footwear for the class.
- Classes will take place regardless of weather conditions. Please dress suitably.
- Meat Smoke Fire Ltd. will not be responsible for, or have any liability to you for, accidental damage or injury resulting from the actions or omissions of anyone attending the course.
Submit your review