Ultimate Baked Potato
A great baked potato is a thing of wonder. Cooking your potato so that it is crispy skinned but with a really fluffy inside is simple but the Egg really takes it to the next level.
It’s been a while since I first did baked potatoes on the Egg, since then I’ve not been allowed to cook them in the oven. You really have to try this.
- Baked potato
- Rapeseed or light olive oil
- Maldon Salt
- Setup your Egg for an indirect cook with the plate setter feet up and your stainless steel grid above. Get it to 2o0°C.
- Pierce your baked potatoes all over with a fork, you need to do this or they could explode.
- Place them in your Egg and cook for about 1.5 hours turning once half way through the cook.
- After 1.5 hours drizzle your potato with oil and sprinkle with a generous amount of salt.
- Cook for a further 30 minutes until your potato has a really crispy skin.
You need a good coleslaw to go with a jacket in my opinion. I love a slaw of red cabbage, grated carrot, red pepper, slivers of fresh jalapenos and a dressing made with oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt and black pepper.
A side of grated mature cheddar is also a must.