Tortilla is a typical Spanish tapas dish made of onions, potatoes and eggs. To this you can add additional ingredients such as chorizo sausage.
It’s a beautiful and simple dish to cook on the Big Green Egg. All it needs is a pan with an oven proof or removable handle.
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 or 5 potatoes, maris piper work well
- 200ml olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 100g Chorizo chopped into medium chunks
- 4 eggs
- Cut the potatoes into reasonable sized but small chunks (5mm x 10mm x 15mm).
- Setup your Egg for direct cooking with the cast iron or stainless grid. Set the temp to 180°C.
- Cook your potatoes in 200ml of olive oil for about 5-7 minutes until the outside of the potato starts to soften. If you’re using chorizo then cook this at the same time.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until it softens.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and leave to cool a little.
- Break the 4 Eggs over your mixture and stir through.
- Return to your frying pan and cook until the top of your tortilla has just set.
- Turn the tortilla in the pan using a plate to turn it onto.
- Cook for another 4-5 mins to set the tortilla.
- Turn out and slice into wedges.
- Serve with a salad or other tapas.