Roasted Cauliflower with Truffle, Soy and Black Sesame Dressing
Roast cauliflower cooked directly on the plate setter is one of the best vegetable dishes I’ve tasted on the Big Green Egg. This technique of cooking on the Egg was initially from one of the Michelin starred chefs in the UK. It’s a recipe I have demo’d many times and one that has wowed people over and over again.
This is a twist on the standard recipe that really takes it to another level, adding a truffle, sesame and soy dressing. The dressing really enhances the cauliflower and toasted sesame seeds add both flavour and texture to the dish.
Try this and amaze your guests with the flavour that can be achieved on the Big Green Egg.
- 1 whole cauliflower
- Olive oil – for drizzling
- Maldon Salt
Truffle and sesame dressing
- 1 clove of garlic, sliced
- 1.5 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp truffle infused olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Ground black pepper
- Toasted black sesame seeds
- Mix all the ingredients of the dressing together with the exception of the sesame seeds.
- Heat a frying pan and toast the sesame seeds for about 2-3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- After 15 minutes remove the garlic slices from the dressing.
- Heat your Egg to 200°C with the plate setter feet down over the charcoal.
- Slice your cauliflower into about 7mm slices from top to root.
- Drizzle the cauliflower with oil and apply a little Maldon salt.
- Cook the cauliflower directly on the plate setter for about 5 minutes each side, until is starts to brown.
- Once the cauliflower is cooked, serve and drizzle with dressing.
- Sprinkle over the toasted sesame seeds and serve.