Everyone loves roast potatoes but these are just as good and much quicker to do. My niece and nephew call them ‘Hots’ and they love them, albeit without the rosemary but they’ll get that later in life I’m sure.
They’re super easy to make and relatively quick, compared to normal roast potatoes, so you can cook them while your meat rests.
- Baby potatoes (can be new, charlotte or any other type)
- Olive oil (light olive oil, not extra virgin)
- Maldon sea salt
- Sprigs or chopped rosemary
- Chop your potatoes in half or quarters. We’re after all the chunks to be roughly the same size.
- Part boil them in a normal pan on your hob. We’re aiming for them to have a little bit of bite left, not be completely cooked.
- Drain and allow to steam dry.
- Setup your BBQ with the cast iron surface directly above the heat. You want your BBQ to be at a medium heat, 180C for the Big Green Egg.
- Preheat your cast iron surface.
- Add some oil before adding the potatoes.
- Now add a generous amount more of oil, we’re almost frying them.
- Turn occasionally, cooking for about 10 minutes.
- For the last 2-3 mins add rosemary and a generous amount of Maldon sea salt.
Now if you don’t like these there is something wrong with you!