While you don’t strictly make this on the Big Green Egg, it is an accompaniment to many dishes and one of my favourite sides to add.
I make my own guacamole as I just find anything shop bought so lifeless and flat. Guacamole should be fresh and zingy and should be eaten straight away.
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- 1.5 tbsp chopped onion
- 1 tomato (I use one from a tin of tomatoes as I then use the rest for salsa)
- 1/2 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp light olive oil (optional)
- 1/2 tsp maldon salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Halve the avocados, remove the stone and scoop out the flesh into your food processor.
- Add all the other ingredients.
- Blend but keep it lumpy, not to a smooth paste.
- Set aside in a bowl and cover with cling film until you’re ready to eat it.
Because this is fresh keep it covered. It’ll only last a few hours before the avocado will start to brown. While it doesn’t look as pretty it’s still edible but I prefer to finish it off while it is green and super zingy.