Chimchurri sauce is a staple in South American cuisine and served with most meat dishes. There are many different ways of making it so feel free to take my recipe and tweak it to your own tastes. Add more chilli to fire it up, more or less garlic and more or less olive oil.
- A handful of flat leaf parsley
- A handful of coriander leaf and stalks
- 1 banana shallot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small birdseye chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2tbsp red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp Maldon Salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- 250ml olive oil
- Chop the parsley and coriander coarsely and add to a serving bowl.
- Add the chopped shallot, crushed garlic, chopped chill and oregano.
- Pour in 2 tbsp red wine vinegar and juice of 1/2 lime.
- Add the sale and pepper and stir everything together.
- Pour over the olive oil.