The sauce is a loose oil based sauce and can be picante. With lemon juice or red wine vinegar, it’s also beautifully acidic and can cut through fatty meats.
Give it a go, you’ll probably end up serving it with everything from your BBQ.
- Bunch of flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 banana shallot, finely diced
- 1 red chilli, finely diced
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic, pressed or crushed
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 100ml olive oil
- 1 tsp Maldon salt
- 3-4 tsp dried oregano
- Coarse ground black pepper
I like my Chimichurri to be fairly coarse so when you’re chopping everything I prefer to do it by hand, not in a food processor.
- Add all the chopped ingredients to a bowl and pour over the olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
Chimichurri is great with all steak and can be used to marinade it. It’s also great with chicken thighs.