Parmjit's Chicken Tikka
Served alone or cooked and then added to a curry, this chicken tikka recipe is fabulous. It was passed on to me by an ex-colleague and friend Parmjit who really knows what he’s doing with a curry.
- 1tsp coriander seeds, ground
- 1/2 tsp freshly chopped mint
- 1tsp chopped coriander leaf
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp hot chilli powder
- 2 cardamon pods, crushed and the husks discarded
- 1tsp salt
- 1 crushed clove garlic
- 1in fresh root ginger, grated
- 100g greek yoghurt
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- Mix all the ingredients except the chicken into a paste.
- Add the chicken and coat generously with the tikka sauce.
- Leave to marinade overnight.
- Place the chicken on skewers and cook on the Big Green Egg at around 180C until cooked through.
Served with some cooling raita and some crunchy lettuce this is lovely. I also add the tikka to curry sauces for a wonderful curry. Try a masala or madras sauce.
You can either setup the Egg with direct cooking (no plate setter), or indirectly and cook the chicken on the Big Green Egg Fire Wire skewers around the pizza stone where you can also cook naan.